Monthly Brunch Meetup
This months brunch is at The Old Calf Shed (Jordans Courtyard) on the 5th March at 1115. For those unfamiliar this is a monthly meetup that happens on the first Saturday of the month after the class workout. It’s nice and laid back and a good way to chat to friends and catch up outside of the class environment. We do need to know numbers ahead of time so if you are keen on going let a member of the coaching staff know!
2022 marks our 4th year of operating (6/1/2018 we opened our doors!) and we are holding a party to celebrate. This is set for 26th March at 6pm at the box. Again, if you would like to come along (and we would like as many members as possible to do so!) please let us know so we can plan adequately. After the success of the Christmas party we are looking to do something similar here!
We have negotiated the following discount codes for CrossFit Wolfram members to use; these are not affiliate based/led and we make no money from them, they are purely a bonus for our members.
For those of you who haven’t but are active on Facebook please do join our members group. If you are not that’s fine, it’s why we do the regular emails although sometimes I might miss the odd update!
This month sees the return of the Open, a worldwide individual competition that kicks off the lead to the CrossFit Games. Anyone at a CrossFit box can take part and as part of this we will be running a ‘Friday Night Lights’ style workout where the class is broken into heats with competitors and judges and then we’ll all have a drink and a snack afterwards. This is a really fun team building event and everyone gets to suffer together and then relax afterwards! If you can make it as a spectator, it’s also good fun.
Member of the Month
Name: Beth Cutteridge
Occupation: I work in operations for a homelessness charity
Favourite movement: Deadlifts!
Least favourite movement: So many it's hard to choose :') probably wall balls!
How long have you been a member of CrossFit Wolfram? 9 months, I joined after one of the lockdowns last year
Why did you start training with us?
- I'd always enjoyed gym classes and weights training and was looking to try something new. I'd also just moved to the area so thought it would be a good way to meet people.
What do you love most about coming to the box?
- I'm a big fan of the 6:30am gang taking the piss out of each other. That always feels like a good start to the day. And I love finishing a WOD that looked really horrible and impossible, and appreciating still being alive.
What has been your best CrossFit achievement so far, and what is your next CrossFit goal?
- Learning all of the different movements and feeling confident in my form has been my biggest achievement so far. Next, I would like to get my first pull up and get 100kg on my deadlift (just 5kg to go!)
What are your favourite things to do outside of the box?
- Anything outside really! I really like hiking, cycling, surfing, swimming and running. And then eating some really good food.)
And finally, what would you say to anyone thinking about joining CrossFit Wolfram?
- Do it! It's a great place to train and full of wonderful people.
Crossfit Wolfram a leading fitness centre in Ilminster, Somerset. Enjoy exercise classes for all ages and abilities 7 days a week.