We are now a few days into our new programming which has been developed and sent out by CrossFit HQ. We are excited by this change as it allows us to offer two streams of programming, which was something we were looking to implement anyway along with taking away the stress for coaches when it comes to warmups and cool downs. We look forward to continuing this and we are happy to hear any feedback on it. Jared and Alex will still continue to program the endurance workouts and Saturday Team workouts.
We have added in the 1730 on a Thursday, so there will now be two evening sessions run by Jared. Mel will take over Monday evenings in full, so both the 1730 and 1830 classes. As you already know Wednesday now only has an endurance WOD at 1830, all other classes are standard CrossFit.
Welcome to new members Adrian Lunney, Ross Harrison, Thomas Strudwick and James England who have all joined since the last newsletter! We have a number of people doing their trial week, so please do remember to say hi and make everyone feel welcome, we all know how hard it is to start and a big part of CrossFit is that team and community spirit!
Obviously, it was devastating to have to postpone our internal comp at such short notice, but we wanted the event to be a success and without several team members this didn’t look likely. We will reschedule for spring as the box gets cold in winter and it’s not the nicest atmosphere for competing!
For those of you who haven’t but are active on Facebook please do join our members group. If you are not that’s fine, it’s why we do the regular emails although sometimes I might miss the odd update!
Congratulations and well done to Steph Tonkyn, Daph van den Eynden, Meg Rogers and Alice Dibble for taking a podium position in the Portland Beach CF Halloween Throwdown as the Wolfram Witches! Massive well done to Steph and Daph for their performance at the BMBarbell Autumn comp as Slow Patrol coming it a credible sixth in their first comp for over 18 months!
There is a brunch club starting up that aims to meet up on the first Saturday of the month after the morning class, this is a great opportunity to get to know other members outside of training and enjoy some time not getting sweaty! Get in touch with us or Hollie Ailsby-Fish to find out more!
Member of the Month
Name: Louise Cave
Occupation: Private Carer
Favourite movement: Muscle ups
Least favourite movement:
- Anything upside down and running
How long have you been a member of CrossFit Wolfram?
Why did you start training with us?
- I was looking for a new challenge as I’d plateaued in my previous exercise classes. I tried CrossFit with Rich in Cheltenham a few times and loved the combination of endurance, strength and gymnastics
What do you love most about coming to the box?
- Although I’m generally the slowest and physically weakest member of the team, I love the support and encouragement you get from everyone which really helps me to push myself that bit further
What has been your best CrossFit achievement so far, and what is your next CrossFit goal?
- I recently completed my first Rx WOD which felt amazing. My future goal is to continue to improve overall and achieve more Rx WODs.
What are your favourite things to do outside of the box?
- Holidays are my most favourite thing but in between I like to eat out, spend time with family and friends, cycling and generally chilling.
And finally, what would you say to anyone thinking about joining CrossFit Wolfram?
- Go for it. Anyone of any age can do it. Everything can be scaled to your own ability. It’s not a competition, it’s about doing the best you can for yourself.
Crossfit Wolfram a leading fitness centre in Ilminster, Somerset. Enjoy exercise classes for all ages and abilities 7 days a week.